Wednesday, March 07, 2007

So Colin at Devil in the Details reminded me of the mysterious track posted below. Don't know anything at all about it other than the fact that I know it sounds good and that if the Pet Shop Boys had always sounded like this, then maybe their career would still have been as succesful today.

The Pet Shop Boys vs Superpitcher: Dry Heroin (Bumtschak Bootleg)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Anyway, these next two are kind of interesting. Everybody knows "Rubicon", which was epitomized in Erlend Øye's DJ Kicks a few years back; fastforward to not even half a decade later and we have the workings of what I want to say "Rubicon Part Deux." The Subs are working with their own formula that definetly tears shit to shreads, but once it gains speed for about 3:22 into the song, you begin to hear fucking "Rubicon," only semi-distorted by angry snyths and a faint siren. Almost as if they've staight up taken Alan Braxe and Fred Falke's anthem and filtered it for some big, gotti club. I mean, I like it...but orginality points? Hmmmm...I've got a lot more from where this comes from....

Alan Braxe & Fred Falke: Rubicon
The Subs: Substraktion

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love "Dry Heroin" -- but I like Superpitcher's original version, "Heroin", even better. Blissful.

And you posted it on my birthday!
Thanks!

true777

Anonymous said...

Even just in iTunes if you set Substraktion to start at 4.26 and play it right after Rubicon with, say, a 2-second overlap you'd swear it's just one track alltogether. Which is not necessarily a bad thing... but like you say, while it sounds great the priginality of this is just about as questionable as it gets.